John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."







Friday, March 30, 2012

THE LIABILITY OF TEACHING ACCORDING TO THE APOSTLE PAUL

HOW DO I BUILD UPON WHAT I HAVE LEARNED?

Paul wrote his letter to the Corinthian Church teaching them about their faith in Christ, who actually still were baby’s in their walk with Christ. Important issues of Christian conduct are taught by Paul in this Epistle to the Church in Corinthians. His teachings brings revealing light on a serious of problems that this community was facing. In  the third chapter we read:
1 Co. 3:10-16 “According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it. For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man's work will become evident ; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss ; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?”
Paul writes: according to the Grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid the foundation. Every Christian who is a servant of God must learn with Paul´s teaching which he received from God to be humble before our God, and to be wise in his conduct. Without God we can do nothing in God´s Kingdom. In John chapter 15 we read that without Jesus I can do nothing. None of us should try to preach the Gospel of the Lord Jesus in his own understanding, because than we build with wood, hay, straw. Paul shows us that we are responsible for as how we teach. Paul says that each man must be careful how he builds on it. For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Paul was very careful to build on the solid foundations, which is Jesus, as he had received it from God. Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man's work will become evident ; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.
We need to be careful how we build upon this foundation, if we claim to be of God than we are His Temple. Jesus and the Father came to live in us when we received Christ in our heart.  So if I may ask myself: “How does the Temple look and how welcome is the Father and Jesus in my acts, my conversations? Do I talk as my Saviour pleases? Is He able to say of me: “Well done my child”?
May God bless us that we can proceed as the apostle once said: “For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. "I have been crucified with Christ ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.” Gl. 2:19-20
Miss. Antonina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rev. Billy Graham