John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."







Monday, May 14, 2012

I would like to share an email I received from a dear Friend

Please take this challenge with me.
I found these12 points in my Joyce Meyer Bible.  I believe we should read them out loud every day for 40 days while looking at ourselves inthe mirror.  Please consider taking this challenge with me.  Let’s try to get as many women to take this challenge with us. I really believe that if we can take the time to write down the positivechanges as they occur using a journal or notebook we will see incredible results.  As you start on your road to discovering the strong woman of God inside of you, I am confident these words will not only change you but will also change the way others see you too.  Are you ready to take this challenge with me?  Are you ready to see what happens when you truly believe what you are now saying about yourself?


Not sure where I heard this but it’s a good thought to start with too:
“We never have enough information to judge anyone. 
Maybe we should have compassion instead.”


Here are a few thoughts that reflect a wholesome, God-centered self-image:
1.    I know God created me and He loves me.
2.    I have faults and weaknesses, and I want to change.  I believe God is working on my life.  He is changing me bit by bit, day by day. While He is doing so, I can still enjoy myself and my life.
3.    Everyone has faults, so I am not a complete failure just because I am not perfect. 
4.    I  am going to work with God to overcome my weaknesses, but I realize that I will always have something to deal with;therefore, I will not become discouraged when God convicts me of areas in my life that need improvement.
5.    I want to make people happy and have them like me, but my sense of worth is not dependent on what others think of me.  Jesus has already affirmed my value by His willingness to die for me. 
6.    I will not be controlled by what people think, say or do.  Even if they totally reject me.  I will survive.  God has promised never to reject me or condemn me as long as I keep believing (see John 6:29). 
7.    No matter how often I fail, I am not a failure unless I quit trying. Therefore, I will not give up, because God is with me to strengthen and sustain me.  He has promised never to leave me or forsake me (see Hebrews 13:5). 
8.    I like myself.  I don’t like everything I do, and I want to change – but I refuse to reject myself.  
9.    I am in right standing with God through Jesus Christ. 
10.God has a good plan for my life.  I am going to fulfill my destiny and be all I can be for His glory.  I have God-given gifts and talents, and I intend to use them to help others. 
11.I am nothing, and yet I am everything!  In myself I am nothing and yet in Jesus I am everything I need to be. 
12.     I can do ALL the things I need to do, and EVERYTHING that God calls me to do, through His Son, Jesus Christ (see Philippians 4:13).


This is something we all can  benefit from,

In the love of the Lord Jesus
Antonina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rev. Billy Graham